Applications are accepted from January on each year until May 15th for the following winter term.
Applications have to reach us at latest on this date (if 15th May is a sunday or holiday at latest on the next working day).
The course begins each winter semester.
Next course starts on 21st October 2013.
Tuition: no tuition fee, only administration and registration fee of 125 € per semester
- Completed application form of the Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources (see download section)
- Certified copy and a certified translation (if not German or English) of each achieved degree (only higher education degrees)
- Two letters of reference from university officials, professors or employment supervisors (plus evaluation form “Referee´s Questionnaire” for each letter of reference - see download section). All in sealed envelopes or direct mailing from the referee.
- Official transcript of records
- Test results (TOEFL or IELTS) if English is not your mother tongue or your previous study programme was completely held in English (TOEFL recipient institution code is 8692, departement code is 46). If not directly send by institution a certified copy is mandatory.
- Motivation letter (1-2 pages in English)
- Curriculum vitae (2-3 pages in German or English)
Please send all required documents (without transparent envelopes or application folder) to:
University of Freiburg
ZEE – Centre for Renewable Energy
Tennenbacher Straße 4
Confirmation of receipt:
We will check your application for completeness and you will get a confirmation of receipt by e-mail. We kindly ask you to refrain from enquiries upon the actual status of your application due to the high amount of applications.